In addition to a description of what we do on our About Us page, check out these other reasons to rank International Law in Domestic Courts (ILDC) highly:
- GW is the only law school in the country that has a contract with Oxford University Press and reports on US court cases that discuss issues of international law;
- Every ILDC member is guaranteed to have their headnotes published by Oxford University Press (headnotes are short case summaries that include original analysis by the author);
- ILDC members can write about the areas of public international law that they find most interesting;
- Some members of the E-Board travel abroad for training/writing opportunities;
- ILDC is the only self-funded journal; therefore, ILDC is able to send all interested 2L students to conferences on international law to cultivate their interests and knowledge;
- ILDC is the smallest journal on campus and all members have close working relationships with the E-Board and faculty advisor; and
- The substantive work ILDC members do helps them develop concise writing and strong analytical skills transferable to any area of law.