The 2014 GW ILS Executive Board!
UPDATE: The 2014 Embassy Gala has now sold out. Thanks everyone for your support, and we will see you all on Friday!
The International Law Society presents:
INTERNATIONAL LAW WEEK 2014: EXPLORING REGIONAL PERSPECTIVES
February 18th to February 21st.
Tuesday, February 18th: International Trade Law Panel, at 11:30am in the SCC
- Please join ILS on Tuesday, February 18, 2014 at 11:30AM in the SCC (LIS 201) for a panel discussing the proposed Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership, Trans-Pacific Partnership, & the Agreements’ Implications for Lawyers.
- Speakers will include Nathaniel Bolin, international trade attorney at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP, and Raymond Ahearn, retired congressional advisor on international trade and finance issues.
- Refreshments from Corner Bakery will be served
Wednesday, Feb. 19th: IL Movie Night, at 8:00pm in LL102
- Join ILS in a showing of “The Square”, a documentary about the Egyptian revolution and aftermath revolving around Tahrir Square – Watch the Trailer Here.
- Showing will begin at 8:00pm on Wednesday, February 19th in LL102. Refreshments will be provided.
Thursday, February 20th: ILS Trivia Contest—Cowboy Diplomacy, starting at 12:00pm in the Hard Lounge
- Test your knowledge of past and present instances of Cowboy Diplomacy on Thursday, February 20th during lunchtime. These are questions about the most brazenly imperial, obviously hypocritical, and pointedly undiplomatic acts perpetrated by states and individuals over the past century! We’re talking about countries that don’t understand borders, soldiers without orders, and dictators with hilarious facial hair. And best of all…
- Whoever answers the most questions correctly will win 2 free tickets to our ILS Gala at the Greek Embassy (see below)! Not an international relations buff? You still win candy and are guaranteed a great time!
Thursday, February 20th: Keynote Speaker Event: Regional Proliferation — Reinforcing Uniformity or Creating Fragmentation?, at 5:00 pm in Tasher Great Room
- Please join ILS for a dialogue between:
- Claudio Grossman, Dean of AU’s Washington College of Law (former President of Inter-American Commission of Human Rights and former Chair of UN’s Committee Against Torture & Human Rights Treaty Bodies), and
- Dinah Shelton, GW Manatt/Ahn Professor of International Law (also former President of the Inter-American Commission of Human Rights).
- A reception sponsored by the International & Comparative Law Department will follow the Keynote Event.
Friday, February 21st: ILS Gala hosted by the Embassy of Greece, at 7:00 pm
- His Excellency Ambassador Christos P. Panagopoulos invites GW ILS members, JD & LLM students, alumni, and faculty to enjoy a night at the Greek Embassy! Traditional Greek hors d’oeuvres & drinks included.
- Tickets cost $15 for ILS members and $20 for non-members. You may purchase tickets online below, or in the Hard Lounge starting Thursday.
- The Embassy is located at 2217 Massachusetts Avenue NW, Washington, D.C., 20008. The event will start at 6:30 pm and end at 9:00 pm.
Purchase Gala tickets below:
GW ILS Student Member: $15.00 USD
GW Student Non-member: $20.00 USD
GW Alumni: $20.00 USD
* * * * *